Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Please give some advice on HRT for male to female transition.

Answered by
Dr. Divakara P
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 14, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 28 year old transwoman. I am looking forward to start HRT. I need some advice from you to start on HRT for male to female transition. Thank you.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome to

  • Do you need to know what medications to be taken for HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
  • Do you like to know about the fitness or investigations before starting HRT? Or are you asking for the safety?
  • Do let me know what you want to know exactly.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an endocrinologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Actually, I would like to know and the medication and the investigations before starting HRT.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)


Welcome back to

  • HRT means hormone replacement therapy. They are basically female hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that are present normally in females.
  • Since you do not have any medical history of any significant illness and considering your age, you are quite fit for the HRT. But, still you need to undergo certain tests before starting HRT.
  • I would recommend you to consult an endocrinologist in person for the investigation as he may add more tests than what I have advised.
  • The basic tests include complete hemogram, PT (prothrombin time), aPTT, (activated partial thromboplastin time) INR - international normalized ratio, lipid profile, vitamin D3 levels, serum testosterone levels, serum estradiol levels and serum prolactin levels.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Please give some advice on HRT for male to female transition.
I am 37 years old and have painful irregular periods. Is it due to menopause?
Why am I losing more hair in the crown region?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I spotting watery mucus after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have a regular menstrual cycle. But since the last four months, I noticed spotting mixed with watery mucus in the mid of the cycle. I was put on birth control pills a year back, but I still got pregnant and had a miscarriage six months back. After two months of my miscarriage, I...  Read Full »

Can taking hormonal pills for perimenopause symptoms cause breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female who is dealing with perimenopause symptoms. My Ob-gyn has recommended taking low dose of birth control pills to relieve my symptoms. However, I am at a higher risk for breast cancer because my late mother (who died in an auto accident) was a breast cancer sur...  Read Full »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Endocrinologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.