Q. Please give some advice on HRT for male to female transition.

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Jun 24, 2016

I am a 28 year old transwoman. I am looking forward to start HRT. I need some advice from you to start on HRT for male to female transition. Thank you.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

• Do you need to know what medications to be taken for HRT (hormone replacement therapy)?
  • Do you like to know about the fitness or investigations before starting HRT? Or are you asking for the safety?
  • Do let me know what you want to know exactly.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Actually, I would like to know and the medication and the investigations before starting HRT.

Dr. Divakara P

#

• HRT means hormone replacement therapy. They are basically female hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that are present normally in females.
  • Since you do not have any medical history of any significant illness and considering your age, you are quite fit for the HRT. But, still you need to undergo certain tests before starting HRT.
  • I would recommend you to consult an endocrinologist in person for the investigation as he may add more tests than what I have advised.
  • The basic tests include complete hemogram, PT (prothrombin time), aPTT, (activated partial thromboplastin time) INR - international normalized ratio, lipid profile, vitamin D3 levels, serum testosterone levels, serum estradiol levels and serum prolactin levels.

For further information consult an endocrinologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

Why am I spotting watery mucus after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have a regular menstrual cycle. But since the last four months, I noticed spotting mixed with watery mucus in the mid of the cycle. I was put on birth control pills a year back, but I still got pregnant and had a miscarriage six months back. After two months of my miscarriage, I...  Read Full »

Can taking hormonal pills for perimenopause symptoms cause breast cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old female who is dealing with perimenopause symptoms. My Ob-gyn has recommended taking low dose of birth control pills to relieve my symptoms. However, I am at a higher risk for breast cancer because my late mother (who died in an auto accident) was a breast cancer sur...  Read Full »

Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD)

Article Overview: This article deals with the treatment of autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) through homeopathy. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis (APD) is characterized by skin rashes whose severity is directly dependant on the phase of the menstrual cycle. It appears at the second half of the menstrual cycle during which the progesterone begins to rise. The rashes subside immediately after menstruation ends...  Read Article

Ask an Endocrinologist Now