Q. Can herpes be transmitted by sipping from an infected person's glass?

Dr. Mohammad Rajja

I am concerned and overthinking everything. Two days ago, someone drank from my glass. The next day, this person had sores in their mouth. I am worried if I will get herpes. But the other day, I masturbated using saliva. I still do not have any discomfort, blisters, tingling, or burning sensation around my lips. I am scared that I will also get infected with herpes. What are the possibilities? Is it possible that I have it even if I do not have any symptoms around my lips? I always experience symptoms of viral infections even before the usual incubation period. Is it conceivable that I transferred it to my genitals in this case?

#

I understand your concern.

The best cream for herpes (a virus causing contagious sores, most often around the mouth or on the genitals) is Acivir (Acyclovir 5 %). It should be applied locally for eight hours daily for five days. After that, take tablet Valtrex (Valacyclovir) 200 mg every eight hours for ten days. Yes, there is a probability of 80 % that you may have it even if you do not show any symptoms. Yes, you may have transferred it to your genitals as well.

Thank you for the reply.

Why did you suggest these? And do you recommend anything else?

#

I understand your concern.

Apply Acivir (Acyclovir 5 %) cream locally for eight hours daily for five days. Then, take tablet Valtrex (Valacyclovir) 200 mg every eight hours and tablet Xyzal (Levocetirizine) 5 mg once daily for ten days. These are used to treat HSV (herpes simplex virus) infections, a viral infection that causes genital and oral herpes.

|