Q. Will IgG antibodies take care of the secondary infection in a HSV 1 postive patient?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I recently have had tests done after I was with someone that I do not trust after the fact. The only thing I have come up positive for is the common HSV 1. I remember having one outbreak when I was young and no outbreaks after. I have IgG antibodies present in my blood. I fear that the person I was with carried HSV 1 and reinfected me. I hope that my antibodies reacted and destroyed the second infection.

I had a blister present on my skin after being with this friend. But it healed up immediately, more than a regular blister. Is there a chance that my IgG antibodies took care of the second infection? I told this person that I had perfect sexual health, and it was essential to me and the love of my life, which I am hoping to find. So it has hurt me at a phenomenal rate. I think of it daily.

I need to know if I had IgG antibodies built up before reinfection, can it destroy the reinfection if symptoms are present? My symptom was present one day before it started healing. On the upside, a doctor that looked at it said it was nothing. Other doctors said it was probably nothing. It has cost thousands of dollars to find an answer.

I am looking for a true love to live life out with and this is very important to me. Please let me know if IgG antibodies could kill reinfection if a symptom were only present for a day. It has been about nine months, and I have not had any symptoms. If you can help me, it would mean the universe to me.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. Please follow the following facts.

1. Once you get infected with HSV-1 (herpes simplex virus), as you had been in childhood, IgG antibodies remain there in the blood indefinitely or life long.

2. They help in containing further episodes, so subsequent episodes of herpes are always less in severity than the primary one.

3. Usually, herpes secondary episodes last for a few days, can heal in a couple of days also if it is minimal.

4. You are getting worried too much, and please relax, it has been nine months, there is no need to panic now.

5. You did not mention the site of blisters or any photographs you have taken, and it might not even be herpes.

6. There is no sign of HSV IgG in blood, and it just indicates you had an infection anywhere in the past.

| 

HSV IgM tested on tongue came negative. Need a second opinion. Is there any Suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother had one blood test with herpes simplex IgM diagnosed to be negative, but herpes type 1 was diagnosed to be positive with an index more than 8. Before that he did a test on his tongue and it was negative for herpes. Are these results final? Or is there a chance that he is n...  Read Full »

When can I plan pregnancy after three miscarriages and TORCH test?

Query: Hello doctor, After three miscarriages, my doctor suggested me for torch test and it came out positive with high values of rubella IgG 272, toxoplasma IgG 78.6 and CMV IgG 12.1 and herpes IgG 46.1. My doctor gave me Acylex 200 mg two times a day for two months and advised us to not try for a baby f...  Read Full »

I have a terrible jock itch. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old unmarried male. I am sexually active and I have been using commercial sex workers for the past few years. However, from last year, I started myself getting tested regularly for different STD infections etc. and all my reports have come negative. I have got...  Read Full »