Q. Will IgG antibodies take care of the secondary infection in a HSV 1 postive patient?

Answered by Dr. Dilip Meena and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Hsv or Herpes Igg? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I recently have had tests done after I was with someone that I do not trust after the fact. The only thing I have come up positive for is the common HSV 1. I remember having one outbreak when I was young and no outbreaks after. I have IgG antibodies present in my blood. I fear that the person I was with carried HSV 1 and reinfected me. I hope that my antibodies reacted and destroyed the second infection.

I had a blister present on my skin after being with this friend. But it healed up immediately, more than a regular blister. Is there a chance that my IgG antibodies took care of the second infection? I told this person that I had perfect sexual health, and it was essential to me and the love of my life, which I am hoping to find. So it has hurt me at a phenomenal rate. I think of it daily.

I need to know if I had IgG antibodies built up before reinfection, can it destroy the reinfection if symptoms are present? My symptom was present one day before it started healing. On the upside, a doctor that looked at it said it was nothing. Other doctors said it was probably nothing. It has cost thousands of dollars to find an answer.

I am looking for a true love to live life out with and this is very important to me. Please let me know if IgG antibodies could kill reinfection if a symptom were only present for a day. It has been about nine months, and I have not had any symptoms. If you can help me, it would mean the universe to me.