Q. I have a terrible jock itch. How can I be treated?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 30-year-old unmarried male. I am sexually active and I have been using commercial sex workers for the past few years. However, from last year, I started myself getting tested regularly for different STD infections etc. and all my reports have come negative. I have got HIV 1 and 2, hepatitis B, syphilis (VDRL) and HSV 1 and 2 tests done. The point of attention is the recent test result that I just got today. My HIV, hepatitis B, VDRL are all negative as usual. My HSV 1 IgG, HSV 1 IgM, HSV 2 IgM are all negative but my HSV 2 IgG is positive with a value of 3.61. Also, another problem is this specific jock itch type of infection that I am facing for the past two months. It itches terribly. I have tried all creams like itch guard, ring guard etc. but I get relief only by applying Betadine ointment on it two times a day. Betadine is helping me to ooze off my terrible itch in that area but the condition of the skin and symptom of the infection is continuously going on. I have clicked snaps of all my test reports and also I have clicked about three pictures of my infection in my thighs close to my penis. I am sending all these pictures in a hope that you would treat me only to have let me get a kind true genuine consultation. Please go through these pictures of my infection and all my test reports and then please answer my queries. Do I have active herpes? Can I transmit herpes to my future wife? Can this infection go to my child when I impregnate my wife? Can this herpes IgG count of 3.61 be forced to roll back to below 1.20 so that I can become normal using some medicines? What is this infection in my thigh area? Can it be cured permanently? What medicines and ointments etc. will I have to take to solve my problem? Please go through my questions, reports, and snaps nicely and then let me have your expert opinion.

#

I have gone through your reports and clinical photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You blood tests for HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), HBsAg (surface antigen of the hepatitis B virus), VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laboratory test) are non-reactive. HSV1 (herpes simplex virus) IgG and IgM are negative. HSV2 IgG is positive which means there has been a past infection. IgM indicates present infection. The recent test indicates you had herpes genitalis infection in the past though you do not have this at present.
  • Once IgG is positive it can remain positive for a long period. The exact duration cannot be commented upon. Most of the times, herpes genitalis infection may go unnoticed.
  • The patient may not have signs and symptoms of burning sensation or small superficial erosions over the penile area.
  • There is nothing to worry about as you do not have any active lesions. Active lesions can lead to transmission. Viral shedding can occur even after six months of resolution of lesions. When there are active lesions, oral antivirals are prescribed.
  • Sexual practice with commercial sex workers should be avoided as it leads to many sexually transmitted diseases.
  • Also, you have tinea cruris infection, a fungal infection.
  • I suggest you stop all the applications which you are using and apply Onabet (Sertaconazole Topical) cream once daily and Lulizol cream (Luliconazole Topical) once daily.
  • I would like to know if you are allergic to any oral medications.
  • I suggest you take tablet Terbinafine 250 mg twice a day after meal for two weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.
  • Keep the area clean and dry and wash clothes in hot water.

Best regards.

For more information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|