Q. How can high BP be controlled in a patient with aortic valve replacement?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypertension or Aortic Valve Replacement? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My BP is very high 200/75. I have made aortic valve replacement surgery with metal valve nine years ago. The BP is high for the past four days and nothing gets it down. In an emergency clinic, they gave me a Nitroglycerin patch which made my BP reach 170/75, however, it did not get the BP more down. My physician prescribed me Coversyl 5/2.5 and Concor 5. I am a chronic Coumadin user.