Q. Please see if the MMR report is fine.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Apr 05, 2018

Recently, I had a blood test for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and the report that I got, am not able to interpret. Could you please see if the report is fine? Will I require a vaccination dose for the same (I had the vaccination in childhood)? Is it harmful to have the vaccination more than once?

I had a rheumatic heart surgery four years ago (aortic valve replacement). Currently, I am on Betaloc 12.5 mg, Ecosprin 75 mg, and Warfarin 5 mg.

#

I have checked the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The results for measles and mumps show high antibodies which mean immunity is either due to past infection or vaccination.

As for rubella, the level of antibodies is low which means that you are prone to rubella infection. Rubella vaccine dose is required. There is no harm if you repeat the vaccine.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have some marks on my face and body since I recently had measles.How to get rid of these marks?

Query: Hi, I am a 21 year old male. I have some marks on my face and body since I recently had measles disease. How to get rid of these marks?  Read Full »

If rubella IgG is positive, am I at the risk of TORCH infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. I had a TORCH test before two years as I met with miscarriage. The TORCH results were rubella IgG positive 19.56, rubella IgM non-reactive, CMV IgG reactive (738.65) and CMV IgM antibody non-reactive. I want to know whether I am at the risk of TORCH infection? Am ...  Read Full »