Q. Please explain my further treatment based on the report.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have my serum creatinine, serum uric acid, creatinine urine and protein urine test done. The result indicates that I have creatinine 1.37, uric acid 9.6, creatinine urine 169.84 and protein urine 31.9. My current medication is Amlovas 5 mg tablet once daily and Seloken XL 50 mg once daily. Please explain me.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

It seems that you are suffering from hypertensive nephropathy. You would need to know and understand that you need strict control of blood pressure and the addition of an agent.

I suggest you to take an ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors like Ramipril, which helps greatly in controlling the protein in urine, as a result of nephropathy. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take the medicine with their consent.

I would also suggest you for an ultrasound abdomen to check for the status of the kidneys along with the prostate. A lot many times, the enlarged prostate can also cause kidney dysfunction. I hope your blood sugar has been checked and is normal.

Revert back with the test report to a nephrologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

| 

I have also done my ultrasound, no abnormality seen and I do not have blood sugar. I have consulted the doctor and he suggested me to take Telma H 40 mg half tablet at 8 PM, Seloken XL 50 mg one tablet at 8 PM, Amlovas 2.5 mg reduced from 5 mg to 2.5 mg at 8 PM and Feburic 40 mg after breakfast (not clear for how many days I have to take). Please explain some precautions and diet that I have to take care of.

#

He has added Telma-H (combination of Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide) to you and that also works like ACE inhibitors as I mentioned. You would need to continue Feburic tablet (Febuxostat) for long. You should do regular exercises and avoid fat in diet.

Avoid fruits and fruit juices and take a low salt diet. Make sure that you do not take any pain killers as well as any medicine without your doctor's approval. His prescription is good. You should continue with him.

For further information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|