Q. Is it normal to have foamy urine?

Dr. Krishna Somani
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2019

My urine is foamy. I am confused whether everyone will get bubble and foamy urine while urinating. Please explain me.

#

I appreciate your vigilance.

Mild frothing of urine is usual, but excess of frothing denotes protein leakage in urine.

What is your age? Do you notice any swelling of your feet and face?

Do you have any other medical problem? To be sure get a urine routine microscopy report and follow up with that.

Revert back with answers to the above questions to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

My age is 26. There is no swelling in legs and in my face. But, I feel a burning sensation sometimes while urinating and my urine is light yellow in color. Please explain me.

#

Please get a urine routine and microscopic test done. This will clear all your doubts.

Revert back with the report to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

My urine is continuously foamy for many days. I have even done a urine R/M test. I have attached the photo of my report. Please help me.

#

I saw your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your urine reports show albumin nil, that means there is no leakage of albumin in urine. So, most likely your frothy urine is a benign process.
  • But still to be 100% sure, I suggest you to do a 24 hour urine test for total protein.
  • Collect your urine in a special container given by the laboratory and review with the reports.

Revert back with your report to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|