Q. How to get rid of a small bulge of extra skin on my thumb?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My thumb got burned two years back, it used to peel off and I used to keep biting and peeling it further. Now it has formed a small bulge of extra skin. Can I get rid of it?

#

I have read your concern.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for your reply. Please find the attached pictures of the scar on my thumb. Though it is small and not irritating, but I need a solution to get rid of it as soon as possible. It looks horrible.

#

I have read your query, and I have see the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems you have developed hypertrophic burn scars. I suggest you try using Contractubex gel (combination of Cepalin, Heparin, and Allantoin) twice daily, after 3 to 4 doses of injection Kenacort (Triamcinolone acetonide) 40 mg/mL, once in three weeks interval. It will give you a permanent solution.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start using the medicines after their consent.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thank you for your suggestion. Where do you think I can get this injection? Where is the injection given? On the wound? There is no pain at the affected area. Do you think these injections will get it back to normal?

#

• Yes, it is given over the hypertrophic scar. You should visit a nearby dermatologist for this treatment.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|