Hypertrophic Scar

How to cure a scar caused due to burning the tattoo with slaked lime and washing soda?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a tatto. I was bad and due to embarrassment I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda, it now swelled up. It is five months now when I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda. Please tel me the right way to cure this. What medicines I have to take? What is the cost? I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem, but you have got a hypertrophied scar. Scar remolding process can continue to take place months after the real injury. In your case, burning with soda and slaked lime. It could be active but you can halt the activity by visiting the dermato...  Read Full »

I have a hypertrophic scar in the base of my nostril. Can I make it look better?

Query: Hello doctor, I met with a mountain biking accident about two years ago. What I believe is I have a hypertrophic scar from the base of my nostril to my upper lip, which is about 3/4 inches. It is flattened a lot and is no longer red. Can I make it even better?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is a hypertrophic scar (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It still looks bumpy and elevated in the picture, and it can be flattened with intralesional Kenalog (Triamcinolone Acetonide) injections. You may need two to three sessions to bring it ...  Read Full »

What is the little bump that is present on my stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had this little bump on my stomach for a few years. I have attached a picture of the bump. I have shaved the area to give you a better picture. The bump is not growing or increasing in size. It has been the same size. What could this be?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Since there are many causes of nodule and complete history with good clinical examination is necessary to diagnose the nodule, I would like to give a differential diagnosis of what could...  Read Full »

Are children more susceptible to get hypertrophic scars after scar excision?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has one somewhat large scar on the right side of his neck and a small scar on the left side of his neck from a burn injury since 10 months ago. He has received three laser treatments, and it looks much, much better. My son is almost 2 years old. Our plastic surgeon would do a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Dawre

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son has a post-burn hypertrophic scar over the submandibular region.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full »

How to get rid of a small bulge of extra skin on my thumb?

Query: Hello doctor, My thumb got burned two years back, it used to peel off and I used to keep biting and peeling it further. Now it has formed a small bulge of extra skin. Can I get rid of it?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern. It seems you have developed hypertrophic scar or lichen simplex chronicus. Please attach a picture for better evaluation and best possible treatment. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doct...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment to remove accident scars on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hypertrophic scar on the left side of my face due to a road traffic accident from five years ago. I had undergone a scar revision surgery four years back but, no improvement was seen. So, I had a Z-plasty surgery two years back with a 40 % improvement. But, it is still visib...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Plastic Surgeon, Cosmetologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can try fractional RF (radio-frequency) or laser resurfacing for further improvement. But do not expect complete removal of the scar. A scar once formed will remain forever. You cannot remove it completely. It can only be made less conspicuous at a visible distanc...  Read Full »

I have a red scar and extra skin at my urethral opening. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, A few weeks ago, a red or pink scar and extra skin showed up at my urethral or where the pee comes out. What has to be done? Currently, I am taking Monistat 7 and had a yeast infection previously.  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details as follows: Did you ever have a urinary tract infection or STD (sexually transmitted disease) in the past? Do you have any symptoms because of this like burning sensation, split urinary stream? ...  Read Full »

Involuntary frowning is delaying the healing of my scar revision surgery. Should I get Botox?

Query: Hi doctor, My scar revision surgery is not healing well, and it seems worse than last week. Please see the attached picture. Involuntary frowning causes lines to run through the scar, can this be causing problems? Is it worth taping my forehead, so I cannot make frown lines? Is it worth getting a bo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I have seen the attached picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like it is a very early stage following scar revision. It looks good right now. But, it will take time for the scar to get better. The following might help: D...  Read Full »

I have a small acne like thing on chest. Is it related to cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any complaint in it? Do you have any pain or burning sensation or itching? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »