Q. Please tell me the treatment to remove scar on my face.

I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it brought out the marks on my face. Will they fade? As they are depressing me as they look like spots or a scar when they are not a spot. How do I get rid of it? Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it will remain as such, but rarely can it subside too. It is a reaction pattern of the body to injury. It can be treated by intralesional steroid injection like Kenokort (Triamcinolone acetonide) 10 mg/ml, 0.1ml/cm2 intralesional at the gap of three weeks interval, given by a dermatologist.

| 

Can I take steroid injection for a bald patch on the beard?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bald patch on the beard for the past three weeks. I am suspecting alopecia. I have uploaded the photo. Please help me.  Read Full »

Why do I have black patches on the periphery of my feet?

Query: Hi doctor, I have skin allergy on feet. Black patches on periphery of feet. Lack of moisture in those areas causing wide open cracks and even the flesh are exposed outside. I have attached the pictures for your reference. Kindly guide. Thank you.  Read Full »

Are the acne-like growths on my chest cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached a picture which is on my chest for about two years. It has not given me any problem. Around two years back I had a small acne like thing on my chest right side and it became like this ever since. The dermatologists I have visited have said it is nothing to worry about, ...  Read Full »