iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInfertilityhypothyroidismMy wife has blocked tubes. Please suggest the recommended hormonal tests prior to ICSI?

I would like to know the list of hormonal tests to be done before ICSI. Please suggest.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At February 9, 2020
Reviewed AtDecember 1, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

At the time of marriage, my age is 34 and my wife's age is 29. She is having hypothyroidism. Her thyroid level was high. So, we were regulating with medication. Then she gets some stomach pain. Doctor diagnosed her with gallbladder stone. We did laparoscopic cholecystectomy. After one year of time, we planned for a baby. Her HSG report was positive at that time. Then, after two weeks time, she got a miscarriage. Doctor said it may be a chemical pregnancy. Then we tried for natural pregnancy, but not succeded. So, we did a hysterosalpingogram. We found that one of her tube is blocked. We had hope on the other tube and tried again properly. Then, we did laparoscopy for endometriosis. Doctor cofirmed the blocked tube and the other one was also blocked partially. Now we decided to go for ICSI. So, I would like to know the checklist of hormonal tests to be taken prior to ICSI treatment.

Please give me the hormonal test check list (all required test names). Which day of the cycle and when (fasting or non-fasting) this test sample to be given?

Answered by Dr. Jyoti Gupta


Welcome to icliniq.com.

The decision to go for IVF (in-vitro fertilization) or ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) as per your history seems to be the right decision. As I can see in history, the age of your wife is now 30 plus. Ovarian reserve becomes an important analysis in the age above 30 years, more so when she has endometriosis.

AMH (anti-mullerian test) is the test for it, irrespective of the cycle day. Also, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin test should be done. The other tests may vary from center to center, wherever you decide for treatment.

The above-said tests are must along with a good 2D and 3D pelvic USG (ultrasound) and semen analysis. See your doctor in person with these reports.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Jyoti Gupta
Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy