Q. Is it safe to take an I-pill while breasting my one-year-old child?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Is it safe to have I-pill (contraceptive pill) while breastfeeding a year-old child? I had intercourse on the 7th day of the period.

#

It is suggested to avoid I-pill. Breastfeeding will work as a contraceptive.

Thanks for your response.

I am concerned about what if breastfeeding does not work out? It is the 30th day after the last period. Is there any way to avoid pregnancy at this time? It is vital because our first child is only seven months old, and we are going through a traumatic period.

Please help.

#

Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. If you are breastfeeding regularly, the chances of pregnancy are less. Still, you can take double protection. A condom is the best and safe option. An intrauterine device implant is also a very safe and good option. I-pill can have side effects on the child during breastfeeding. Since it is the 30th day from the last period, I-pill will not be effective also. You should wait for one more week and can get beta-hCG tested if you do not get your periods. If it is positive, the other option will be an abortion pill. But then, you should hold breastfeeding for three days. Thank you.

Can the abortion pill be purchased from local medical shops?

#

Abortions pills are not advised to be bought from pharmacies. First, get a beta-hCG test done to confirm pregnancy.

|