Q. I would like to know the list of hormonal tests to be done before ICSI. Please suggest.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

At the time of marriage, my age is 34 and my wife's age is 29. She is having hypothyroidism. Her thyroid level was high. So, we were regulating with medication. Then she gets some stomach pain. Doctor diagnosed her with gallbladder stone. We did laparoscopic cholecystectomy. After one year of time, we planned for a baby. Her HSG report was positive at that time. Then, after two weeks time, she got a miscarriage. Doctor said it may be a chemical pregnancy. Then we tried for natural pregnancy, but not succeded. So, we did a hysterosalpingogram. We found that one of her tube is blocked. We had hope on the other tube and tried again properly. Then, we did laparoscopy for endometriosis. Doctor cofirmed the blocked tube and the other one was also blocked partially. Now we decided to go for ICSI. So, I would like to know the checklist of hormonal tests to be taken prior to ICSI treatment.

Please give me the hormonal test check list (all required test names). Which day of the cycle and when (fasting or non-fasting) this test sample to be given?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The decision to go for IVF (in-vitro fertilization) or ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) as per your history seems to be the right decision. As I can see in history, the age of your wife is now 30 plus. Ovarian reserve becomes an important analysis in the age above 30 years, more so when she has endometriosis.

AMH (anti-mullerian test) is the test for it, irrespective of the cycle day. Also, TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and prolactin test should be done. The other tests may vary from center to center, wherever you decide for treatment.

The above-said tests are must along with a good 2D and 3D pelvic USG (ultrasound) and semen analysis. See your doctor in person with these reports.

| 

I have PCOS, and my prolactin level is 42, what does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS, and my recent report says that prolactin level is 42, what does it mean? Otherwise, my period is normal.  Read Full »

Is there any alternate for medicine for hypothyroid condition?

Query: Hello doctor, Four months before I found that I have thyroid with high TSH 18. Then I put off some weight and did morning walk and running, then it decreases to 14. Now I left the exercise because I met with an accident. Now I have done my test again it was 18 again. Now I consulted the doctor but ...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant naturally or should I go with ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor,It has been four years since we married. My husband is a little bit of tensed nature. So, he is not able to ejaculate during intercourse. While doing masturbation, he is able to ejaculate within seconds. Now, he is taking medicines for reducing anxiety. I have undergone five cycles of I...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now