Ige

What does elevated IgE level indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from cold for the last three years. I consulted an Ayurvedic doctor, and she advised me an allergy test and CBC, and the report was somewhat not good. My IgE result is 1157.00, and it should be below 64. Is there any serious problem?  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query regarding your cold for three years. As you had asked about allergy, here I would like to say that allergic cold has three cardinal features (watery nasal discharge, bouts of sneezing, and nasal obstruction of both side nasal cavity). Seco...  Read Full »

I get a red line on scratching my skin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, When my body gets hotter, my skin irritates me or when I go out on a sunny day my skin itches me and no rash appear on my skin. But when I scratch my skin a red line appears on my skin wherever I scratch it. When my bosy gets hotter I also suffer from butt sweat which is another pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. From your brief history it looks like you are just having Cholinergic Urticaria which is nothing but a reaction that occurs with rise of body temperature. This is will also manifest as increased sweating. 2. There is no need to panic as this subsides or gets bett...  Read Full »

Will deviated nasal septum cause shortness of breath?

Query: Hello doctor, I have shortness of breath since a month, and it usually normalizes within an hour. I am suffering from deviated nasal septum and diabetes. My IgE level is 468. Please help. I am currently on Metformin, Suslisent, Diamicron, Serta 25 mg, Zapiz for depression and Montek LC for devia...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from sudden shortness of breath for one month and chest tightness. You are a diagnosed patient of DM (diabetes mellitus) with DNS (deviated nasal septum) and your serum IgE level is 468 ...  Read Full »

Is it possible to develop food allergy to almost all foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe allergic symptoms to almost every single food I eat and not really sure what to do. For the last year, I have been developing what seems like IgE type allergic reactions to literally every single food I eat. It is getting really bad. These potatoes I have been eat...  Read Full »

Dr. Tanmai Yermal (jain)

Internal Medicine Physician, Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. As you rightly said there might be an allergy for a particular type of food you eat. You may have allergy probably to one particular type of food. You need to observe keenly over getting symptoms after e...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of folliculitis permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering form folliculitis for about 1 month. I regularly visit my doctor and take all medicines on time. The problem is folliculitis present on my legs and hands. Every week they are gone and then come again then my doctor ask me to do test of blood test and IgE test my blood t...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Folliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicles. Usually it is due to bacteria but sometimes fungus can also cause Folliculitis. Most commonly it is seen over face, beard, chest, arms and legs. Mainly diagnosed by careful inspection of the affected area by the spe...  Read Full »

What are the foods to be avoided if having skin rashes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently relocated to my workplace. Due to relocation, I had to consume outside food for two months. I had started growing skin rashes. It was diagnosed as an allergy. Two medicines have been recommended by the doctor. Allegra 180 mg and Azithromycin 500 mg. I ate drumsticks to...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello doctor, Certain cities are known for allergies. Some people who are genetically probing for allergy atopy and hypersensitivity start showing symptoms in certain cities. It is difficult to say what foods to avoid. But I can give you some ideas about it. There could be a food allergy or aeroal...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for severe eczema?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some questions regarding allergy. When I was a kid, I had eczema on my mid-arms. Then it went away. Some years ago, when I was around 22, it came back aggressively on my face, neck, and shoulders. Then I was referred to blood food allergy tests (IgE). A lot of allergens was de...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. Yes, some food can cause urticaria and rarely angioedema like peanut and seafood allergies. 2. But, there is no significance of the test you have mentioned, as that is a very nonspecific kind of test and most of the people who get themselves tested found themselv...  Read Full »

My report shows increased IgE and immunodeficiency states. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Today I received my blood report online. And in that, it is mentioned that my IgE serum level is increased by 4 %. And also there is an increase in the level of atopic/non-atopic allergy, hyper IgE syndrome, parasitic infections, IgE myeloma, pulmonary aspergillosis, immunodeficiency ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned that reason for which you got this test done. Anyways most of the doctors send for this investigation considering allergy (to dust particles) in the blood. Hence, the test was done and the report suggested mild elevation of serum IgE which indi...  Read Full »

I had an allergy blood test and my specific allergy numbers range from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I just got results back from an allergy blood test. My specific allergy numbers ranged from 0 to 0.75 kU/L. My total IgE is 241 IU/mL. Does this total number indicate anything? Is the number high or low?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me help you. The IgE value is within normal limits. Moreover, the total serum IgE values are not very indicative, rather specific IgE levels are important. Specific IgE levels should be inferred in relation to the particular allergen. Each allergen level may be d...  Read Full »

Is my nasal allergy pointing to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have nasal allergies which can trigger sneezing and a runny nose along with sneezing when I come in contact with dust. However, I constantly have thick post nasal drip mucus that covers my vocal chords and makes my voice very weak all the time. My nose has not felt 100 % open in yea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms point towards chronic rhinosinusitis superimposed or worsened by allergy. All symptoms can be explained by this. Singers are more troubled by this condition because they require clear sinonasal cavities for good voice and resonance. I suggest you get some ...  Read Full »