Q. What are the ways to treat folliculitis permanently?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

I am suffering form folliculitis for about 1 month. I regularly visit my doctor and take all medicines on time. The problem is folliculitis present on my legs and hands. Every week they are gone and then come again then my doctor ask me to do test of blood test and IgE test my blood test report was all fine but my IgE level is 170. So, please tell me what should I do to control my IgE and how to get rid of folliculitis permanently.

#

Folliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicles. Usually it is due to bacteria but sometimes fungus can also cause Folliculitis. Most commonly it is seen over face, beard, chest, arms and legs. Mainly diagnosed by careful inspection of the affected area by the specialist. Sometimes pus or blood tests and skin biopsy is also required to find out the cause. As you said, your blood tests shows IgE level 170. It is completely normal and it has nothing to do with the Folliculitis. So nothing to worry about IgE levels.

If your Folliculitis problem is recurrent, then you have to find out the cause for recurring infection of affected area. Talk to your doctor for good antibiotic course or antibacterial cream to apply on affected area. Also it is very important to keep good personal hygiene. Do not share your towels or clothes with anybody. Use good quality soap for bath. If no improvement, then you should see any other Skin Specialist or Dermatologist for expert opinion.

|