iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersAllergy SpecialistfolliculitisHow can I get rid of folliculitis permanently?

What are the ways to treat folliculitis permanently?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Divya Banu M

Published At February 1, 2020
Reviewed AtJuly 25, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am suffering from folliculitis for about a month. I regularly visit my doctor and take all my medicines on time. The problem is folliculitis present on my legs and hands. Every week they are gone and then come again then my doctor asks me to do a test of blood test and IgE test my blood test report was all fine but my IgE level is 170. So, please tell me what should I do to control my IgE and how to get rid of folliculitis permanently.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Folliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicles. Usually, it is due to bacteria but sometimes fungus can also cause Folliculitis. Most commonly it is seen over the face, beard, chest, arms, and legs. Mainly diagnosed by careful inspection of the affected area by the specialist. Sometimes pus or blood tests and skin biopsy is also required to find out the cause. As you said, your blood tests show an IgE level of 170. It is completely normal and it has nothing to do with folliculitis. So nothing to worry about IgE levels.

If your folliculitis problem is recurrent, then you have to find out the cause of recurring infection of the affected area. Talk to your doctor for a good antibiotic course or antibacterial cream to apply on the affected area. Also, it is very important to keep good personal hygiene. Do not share your towels or clothes with anybody. Use good quality soap for bath. If no improvement, then you should see any other skin specialist or dermatologist for an expert opinion.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Amol Kumar Wasudeorao Diwan
Dr. Amol Kumar Wasudeorao Diwan

Allergy Specialist

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Allergy Specialist

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy