Igm Positive

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The time required for IgG (immunoglobulin G) antibodies to develop after the exposure to HSV (herpes simplex virus) is usually 21 to 42 days. A negative HSV IgG means that you have probably not been exposed to HSV. HSV IgM (immunoglobulin M) will tell whether you have ...  Read Full »

On 168th day of risky exposure, chlamydia IgG is negative and IgM is positive. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, On 168th day of risky exposure, chlamydia IGG is negative and IGM is positive. Gonococci urine test- grams smear is negative for gram negative dipplococci morphollogically resembling gonorrhea. I have taken Doxy1 LDR Forte for one week (14) along with Flavospas 200 mg after two weeks ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can consult a dermatologist and you have taken right treatment.  Read Full »

My HSV IgM, CMV and rubella IgG positive. Should I wait to conceive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a silent missed abortion last year in the third month of my pregnancy. After that, I got some tests done, which resulted in CMV IgG positive. Then I got vaccinated for rubella to prevent any casualties in the next pregnancy. Now I want to try and conceive, but just now I got my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can try for your pregnancy as IgG (immunoglobulin G) means that you do not have any current infection. It is only due to prior exposure. And for HSV, the only thing you have to watch is the presence of active lesions. Otherwise, there is no other reason not ...  Read Full »

If rubella IgG is positive, am I at the risk of TORCH infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 4 months pregnant. I had a TORCH test before two years as I met with miscarriage. The TORCH results were rubella IgG positive 19.56, rubella IgM non-reactive, CMV IgG reactive (738.65) and CMV IgM antibody non-reactive. I want to know whether I am at the risk of TORCH infection? Am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are not at risk of TORCH infection (toxoplasmosis, other, rubella, cytomegalovirus and herpes infection), so relax and do not worry. If it would have been the IgM posi...  Read Full »

During pregnancy, is it necessary to take treatment for IgG positive toxoplasmosis?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 4 months pregnant. Her toxoplasmosis report showed IgG reactive and IgM non-reactive. Our doctor prescribed her Rovamycine forte 30 tablets for 10 days. What shall we do?  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I sincerely advise her to not take anything. Any infection produces two types of antibodies. They are IgG and IgM. IgG is from infections which occurred many years or decades ago. It is not harmful as it will not cross the placenta and will not affect the baby. ...  Read Full »

Does HSV IgG positive mean we are infected with that virus?

Query: Hi doctor, As my wife had a failed premature delivery, we both had given for chromosome test. The result showed positive for HSV IgG, rubella IgG and CMV IgG. We are very much bothered. Please tell us the reason for this. Does it mean that we are infected with that virus before? Please clarify.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Your karyotyping were normal and it gives the meaning of no chromosomal abnormalities (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Coming to IgG positive test, when you contract a viral infection or after vaccination, the antibody produced ...  Read Full »