Q. Does HSV IgG positive mean we are infected with that virus?

Answered by Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Igg Positive or Vaccination? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Does HSV IgG positive mean we are infected with that virus?

As my wife had a failed premature delivery, we both had given for chromosome test. The result showed positive for HSV IgG, rubella IgG and CMV IgG. We are very much bothered. Please tell us the reason for this. Does it mean that we are infected with that virus before? Please clarify.