Q. I have a sore back tooth and the gum is swollen. What could this be?

Dr. Asma Parveen

The past two days I have had a sore back tooth, feels like the gum is swollen on the bottom and last night it started throbbing pain in my cheek and now my cheek is swollen and sore. I have a sore throat also I am currently breastfeeding and really do not want to stop at any point. Does anyone know what this could be?

#

We are here to help you. As per your symptoms, you could be either suffering from impacted wisdom tooth or a tooth infection due to cavities. For the momentary relief, you can start with warm saline gargles at least 5 to 6 times a day for a week. Avoid applying anything hot from outside. Avoid covering your face and do not sleep on the affected side. You can do some ice pack application few times a day to get rid of the swelling and pain. You need to visit your dentist to get it checked and start with the required treatment as soon as possible.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|