Q. How to manage the painful infected tooth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have a lot of pain on my right side upper and lower jaw. I have a wisdom tooth on the upper jaw. Before two days, the tooth directly below the wisdom tooth got broken, and it is causing pain. I am scared of going to the dentist. What can I do now? Please help me.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have an infection in the pulp in the lower right last tooth. It has caries, and there is an inflamed tissue present around it. In the case of partially erupting upper tooth, you can also feel pain in the ears. You have to visit a dentist without fear because dental procedures are never fatal. The doctor will use local anesthesia so you will not feel pain during treatment procedures.

You can do either root canal treatment or extraction of the tooth. Both the procedure is always done under local anesthesia as it involves multiple appointments. For pain, you can take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid) twice a day for three days. Take tablet Aceclofenac 200 mg two times a day.

|