Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. How to treat the swelling due to infected tooth and sinus?

Answered by
Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 23, 2018

Hi doctor,

I have got a decayed tooth at the upper backside region. Now, I have got a sinus infection. Can I consult a dentist soon?



Welcome to

I can understand your concern. You may need to take antibiotics if the sinus infection is present with a swelling. You may need to drain it soon. You have to consult a dentist soon. In case, if you have any other issue, please upload a picture of it. I want to confirm it whether it is a pericoronitis or pulpitis with sinus involvement. Take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice daily for a week. Take tablet Aceclofenac twice a day for a week.

Keyword - Antibiotic for sinus infection

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I noticed a clear bubble under my tongue.It is not painful.Is this due to an infected tooth?
I develop sinusitis and severe cough in winter.I also have hair fall problem.Kindly advise.
Has my chronic sinusitis lead to asthma?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Does an infected tooth necessarily need a root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, A back molar was sore when I chewed on it and my dentist found an infection under it, so he did a root canal but afterward, it was still sore. He sent me to a root canal specialist who found that the tooth is cracked and needs to be removed. Given that the infection was under the toot...  Read Full »

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Also Read

Leukorrhea (Leucorrhea) - Causes, Symptoms, Types, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
The whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that almost all women get during the menstrual cycle is called leukorrhea. Le...  Read more»
This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dentist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.