Impacts Of Excessive Sitting

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »

I have a tingling sensation in my muscle. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few months, I am experiencing some tingling kind of sensation in muscles on a specific area below the left breast near the rib. I would like to know what it is and the cause for it. I am having that sensation mostly in the evening.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This tingling sensation can be due to transient nerve compression. This nerve compression can be due to a muscle spasm or due to abnormalities in the thoracic spine. You should improve your posture and avoid sitting for long hours. Avoid bending your back to lift he...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of neck pain due to prolonged sitting?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to sit nine hours per day at work. Due to long time sitting, there is a pain in my neck. What should I do to get rid of this pain?  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A very common issue with people working on the desk. Long hours at a stretch spent in poor posture and bad ergonomic position leads to the symptoms you describe. I will recommend reading about the correct office or desk posture and making changes to your laptop scree...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for constant dull pain in head and neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been getting a sudden radiating pain like a wave from the back of the head up to the forehead. It is worse on right side and radiates to left side. It comes suddenly and is dull, but about 7/10 in pain scale. It goes away almost as fast as it starts. It happens multiple times a day...  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your complaint, physical structure of the body and workstation type, you are having a very sedentary lifestyle. I think there might be ergonomically raised causes for your symptoms. Long hours of sitting at your job might have put a lot of pressure over your ...  Read Full »

Why do I have problem in bending forward?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my lower back while squatting about one and a half month back. I have difficulty in bending backwards. A sharp pain was felt when I used to bend backward. But, no pain in forward bending or sideway bending. Neither any pain was felt on touching the region. So, I started physi...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The x-ray is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your pain will surely reduce. So, do not worry. Just take the following tablets and few precautions.¬†Regular follow up is the keystone to treating and reducing low back pain permanently. In...  Read Full »

What is the best posture to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »