Incomplete Bladder Emptying

Why do I feel bladder fullness always?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had an overactive bladder for around five to six years. I would like to find out what the issue is and if I have any health concerns. I have never had a bladder infection and have been tested many times. I had one C section last year, but it did not make my condition worse. My sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Overactive bladder is diagnosed with urodynamic studies. You have symptoms of increased frequency of urine, mainly at night, causing sleep disturbance. Careful investigations and follow up required. As long as we get the cause, then only treatment will be effective. ...  Read Full »

Blockage in urinary tract prevents me from voiding urine completely. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have been having trouble urinating. Whenever I urinate I feel like there is a blockage that is preventing all the urine coming out at once. This requires me to wait for a long time and continue pushing the urine out and then at the end I am using my fingers to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Semen blocking the way cannot happen so this much thing is clear. Secondly, for how long you are having urinary symptoms you mention? Do you have any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, or burning micturation? Does your poor flo...  Read Full »

What could cause symptoms such as BP, memory problems and incomplete bladder emptying?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Bladder cannot be emptied fully, due to this I frequently go to the bathroom. During urination, I have to do forcefully. BP due to anxiety. Forget learning and memory skill is weak. Before taking medicine for anxiety my heart pounds during tense. After ...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishan Kumar Sharma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you have investigation related urine problem like CBC (complete blood count), renal function test, USG (ultrasound) whole abdomen (to rule our protest pathology)? Did you take any medicine for anxiety? You have mentioned High BP, now what is your BP? Any medicine fo...  Read Full »

Is it normal to constrict your muscles to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 53 years old with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes. For the past five years, my urine stream has become slow. As the stream is slow, I cannot stand and urinate. But, I feel that the bladder is empty after urination. In all scans the prostate is normal including the latest one. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details to help you in a better way. Do you have any stress incontinence? Is there involuntary dribbling of urine when coughing? Do you have any urgency that is unable to control passing urine once you got the thought of passing urine? Do yo...  Read Full »

Why do I feel burning sensation and incomplete bladder emptying?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 42 years old, and I had a bacterial infection. I took anti-bacterial and anti-fungus medication. Now, I have a burning sensation while going pee and I feel like I have an unemptied bladder. I have an urge to pee. I also have a feeling of having leakage. I am taking the following med...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from recurrent urinary tract infection. Please explain about the bacterial infection you had and about the medication taken. Please explain the reason for taking Aspirin.  Read Full »

I am taking medicines for an overstretched bladder with no improvement. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem of urine dripping for two to three minutes after I urinate. Also, even if I do not have an urge to urinate, I end up passing large amounts of urine. I visited a doctor and he ordered some tests, the results of which I have attached. After seeing the report, the doctor s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have an overstretched bladder. It is as a result of your habit of holding urine for too long. I suggest the following: Restrict fluid intake, especially at bed...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for a mild benign prostatic hyperplasia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58 year old male. Except for low blood pressure, I am in generally perfect health with mild benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) that has not been getting noticeably worse lately but, has been present for years. While my stream is certainly not like when I was younger, I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your history.If possible, send me a graph of your bladder pressure study and flow. If the bladder pressure is high, then it is better to get operated for the prostate enlargement.A high power or pressure in the detrusor suggests a bladder outflow obs...  Read Full »

Can ayurvedic treatment help cure my frequent urination problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old male with a weight of 65 kg and a height of 166 cm. I am having a problem with frequent urination. Sometimes, it gets to such a level where I have to go to the washroom every five minutes or so and it gets actuated before going to sleep. Also, I have noticed that wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This problem can be due to weak bladder muscles. I suggest you practice Kegal exercises. These will strengthen your bladder muscles. Walk daily at least for 30 minutes and it will increase pelvic blood flow. Practice Trikonasana and Malasana as these yoga postures...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »