Q. Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 29, 2021

I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My urine culture and KUB scans were normal. But after seeing my uroflowmetry report, he told me I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia. So, he gave me Sildoo 8 mg, Contiflo Icon 0.4, and COQ LC, for a month. I am taking them from the last 20 days, and I have slight relief. I read on the internet that it is a neurological problem. Can dyssynergia bladder be diagnosed based on uroflowmetry only? Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia? What is the cure? If I do not have a problem, then what should I do? What are the other possible diseases that I might have?

#

• From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal.
  • Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode?
  • I think it is a case of an irritable bladder. Kindly share your reports. At your age, both Sildoo (Silodosin) and Contiflo (Tamsulosin) are not required and will cause severe anejaculation, which is self-limiting with no long term consequences. I suggest you stop the medications you are taking.
  • I suggest you start taking tablet Tolterodine 2 mg and tablet Tamsulosin 0.2 mg, both at bedtime. The combination of both is available as capsule Roliflo OD 2 mg. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  • Avoid constipation by taking Isabgol powder, two teaspoons with two glasses of water. And do pranayama.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. I am sharing my KUB scan, uroflowmetry, and urine culture reports. Can irritable bladder be treated? Will it affect my sex life after 1 or 2 years? I masturbated during the medications, but my semen does not come out. Will this problem disappear when I stop taking the medicines? I am anxious, so please tell me all the possibilities.

#

• Not having ejaculation with these medicines is normal. These are self-limiting. They will not affect your sexual life.
  • For any query or doubt about sexual health, feel free to discuss. Follow-up after seven days.

Revert after seven days to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|