Q. I have an open sore behind my lower molar and it hurts badly. How to manage it?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Behind my bottom right molar, there is an open sore, and it feels like something is tearing out. It is swollen over my molar too. There is a white discoloration around the sore, and back of my throat hurts on the same side. It hurts badly. I have difficulty in swallowing and in eating foods. Please help.

#

You have not mentioned the duration of your problem. It can be due to third molar impaction. When a wisdom tooth comes out from the oral cavity, sometimes it makes a problem. But if you have a difficulty with swallowing, then you should go to a local medical emergency.

You can have a localized infection. A dental X-ray can help you. It can be a pericoronitis or due to a third molar impaction. You can take antibiotics. You can remove the impacted tooth after seeing the X-ray. The affected area should be clean. Follow proper oral hygiene and do not touch the affected area. Take a soft diet and do not take hot food. Do not apply force or pressure on the affected area.

|