Q. I have an open sore behind my lower molar and it hurts badly. How to manage it?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Behind my bottom right molar, there is an open sore, and it feels like something is tearing out. It is swollen over my molar too. There is a white discoloration around the sore, and back of my throat hurts on the same side. It hurts badly. I have difficulty in swallowing and in eating foods. Please help.

#

You have not mentioned the duration of your problem. It can be due to third molar impaction. When a wisdom tooth comes out from the oral cavity, sometimes it makes a problem. But if you have a difficulty with swallowing, then you should go to a local medical emergency.

You can have a localized infection. A dental X-ray can help you. It can be a pericoronitis or due to a third molar impaction. You can take antibiotics. You can remove the impacted tooth after seeing the X-ray. The affected area should be clean. Follow proper oral hygiene and do not touch the affected area. Take a soft diet and do not take hot food. Do not apply force or pressure on the affected area.

| 

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full »

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

I have a tooth filling that has come out with a lump in the gum. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a tooth filling that has come out, and woke with a white lump beneath it on gum, swollen lower face too on the other side of the site of lump. I had a dull, drumming pain during the night before. I rinsed with warm salt water this morning. Wondering if Flucloxacillin 500 mg whi...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»