Q. I have a swollen pocket behind molar which releases pus and blood. What to do?

Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Sep 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2018

I have a swollen pocket behind the molar. I have green pus and blood pouring out of it during sleeping.

#

You have an abscess, and the cause could be either a cavity or gum problem or even impacted tooth or some other reason. It would be better if you send me the image to guide you properly.

You can take Aceclofenac 100 mg twice daily after food (morning and night) for pain. Take Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily half an hour before food if you have acidity as other medicines can aggravate it. You can take Ornof (Ofloxacin with Ornidazole) twice daily for five days (finish the antibiotic course). Stop taking painkiller once the pain stops. If you are allergic to any medicine, please consult your dentist or here and then take it. Do lukewarm salt water gargling. Consult your dentist as soon as possible.

Kindly give some insight on how everyday habits affect the teeth.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the everyday habits that could affect our teeth? I want to get some insight on how certain practices such as smoking, biting nail, opening things with the mouth, etc., affect the teeth.  Read Full »

All About Gum Abscess

Article Overview: Pus-filled pockets that form in the gums (gingiva) surrounding the tooth is called gum abscess. To know more about this, read the article. Read Article

Causes Any abscess arising in the region of the gum can be due to either of the three causes: Gingival abscess: This is the one that remains confined to your gum only and does not involve the deeper structures. Periodontal abscess: This is the one that is due to a deeper problem and involve...  Read Article

Is there a chance for cyst formation beneath the impacted tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30-year-old male. I had a baby tooth in the left lower jaw. Beneath it, there is an impacted first permanent premolar tooth. OPG and CBCT were taken. The baby tooth was extracted before a month, and the impacted tooth was exposed. As I had some misalignment in both the jaws, I con...  Read Full »