Common "Infection" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


An infection is when a foreign organism invades our body, multiplies, and colonize in the body and damages the tissue. The organism can enter the body through skin contact, eating contaminated food, inhaling spores, exchanging bodily fluids, and touching an infected surface. Viral, bacterial, fungal, and parasitic infections are a few types of infection.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have pain, swelling, and bleeding in the gums covering the tooth. How to manage the pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I have pain and swelling on the right side of my mouth. Gums are covering the tooth, and bleeding is present while brushing. I am taking tablet Mirtazapine 45 mg, tablet Levothyroxine 100 mg, tablet Promethazine 50 mg, tablet Sertraline 100 mg, and tablet Folic acid 15 mg. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi,Welcome to and pain occur due to an abscess and infection. Consult a dentist to examine the cavity in the adjacent tooth and treat it with root canal treatment or extraction. I suggest (consult with a doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent) tablet ...  Read Full »

I am getting swelling over my face followed by toothache. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had toothache for the past 48 hours. It made the right side of my face to completely swell. The toothache has now gone, but the swelling is increasing and started affecting the eye area. I have applied heat and ice to the swollen area, but neither have worked. Please give me some advice...  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The swelling that you have seems to be an abscess or pus due to infection. This infection is most likely due to your tooth decay over a long period of time, which has spread to bone and around your soft tissues like muscles. In the face region, swelling increases rapidl...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from infection in my private parts.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an infection in my private part. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to What are the symptoms in it? How long has it been there? Any recent unsafe sexual exposure?   Read Full »

How to manage a dry and flaky patch on the nipples?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 32-year-old female. I have some patches on my nipples. It seems to be a fungal infection. I have itching sometimes. I have tried using ointment several times. I have used Dettol and hot water a few years back to reduce itching. After that, I vigorously scrubbed it. It can be the cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Do not apply Dettol as it can cause dermatitis. You can have patches on the skin due to fungal infection or it can be nipple dermatitis. Kindly attach an image to examine the rash and treatment has to be taken accordingly.   Read Full »

What has to be done for tooth pain in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 5-year-old is complaining of tooth pain. It appears where the pain is, there is a missing part between two teeth and food gets stuck all the time. I need some advice. I can provide a picture if needed. About three weeks back, he complained about the same thing. We went to a dentist. H...  Read Full »

Dr. Pallavi Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The first molar of the lower jaw of both the left and right side are having cavities. Go for X-ray for both the tooth. In the X-ray, the dentist can see where infection (caries) has reached (to the pulp or not). If caries has reached the pulp, you have to go for pedodon...  Read Full »

Which antibiotic would be the best to use for my infected tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, What antibiotic would you recommend after using Penicillin and Lincomycin for too long? I would like to know which drug would be the best to use. I am anxious about not knowing whether I will miss my work tomorrow because my tooth is so infected that I cannot work. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. I suggest you take the tablet Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin) with tablet Ibuprofen to reduce any pain in the infected tooth. After that, please consult a dentist, discuss it with them and take the medicines with their consent. It will not cost yo...  Read Full »

Can gum and cheek swelling be due to tooth infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an infection in my tooth and my gum and cheek are swollen and I woke up this morning with a black eye.  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your question and I can understand your concern. It looks you are having acute apical periodontitis with buccal space and other spaces related infection. This condition needs antibiotics treatment and it is necessary. Take following medicines if you ...  Read Full »

Two of my back teeth are broken and severely infected with swelling in the gums. What are the medications to control my pain?

Query: Hi doctor,Two of my back teeth are broken and severely infected with swelling in the gums. I have had pain for the past nine months. I consulted many dental clinics, but it did not help. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi,Welcome to suggest (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent) tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily for a week and tablet Ibuprofen 200 mg twice daily. Consult a dentist for root canal treatment or ...  Read Full »

My mother is diabetic and hypertensive and has mouth sores recently. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 67 years old with 127 lbs and is about 5' 4" tall. She is diabetic and hypertensive and also suffered from depression about 6 to 7 years back. And now she is better. Her hemoglobin levels were low when we tested about three months back about 10.9, and the doctor started he...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the I have read the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The hemoglobin level, serum ferritin, HCT values, and all iron profile values are within range. So your iron deficiency anemia seems to be treated well with Orofer tablet (Ferrous As...  Read Full »

I have an open sore behind my lower molar and I have difficulty in swallowing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, Behind my bottom right molar, there is an open sore, and it feels like something is tearing out. It is swollen over my molar too. There is a white discoloration around the sore, and back of my throat hurts on the same side. It hurts badly. I have difficulty in swallowing and in eating fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Kumar Pandey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have not mentioned the duration of your problem. It can be due to third molar impaction. When a wisdom tooth comes out from the oral cavity, sometimes it makes a problem. But if you have a difficulty with swallowing, then you should go to a local medical emergency. ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.