Q. What is the reason for pus formation in the wound in my leg?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

My left leg suffered from a gigantic wound. Firstly, that looked like filaria but after some time, it became yellow and full of pus. And now pus is flowing.

#

I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concerns. As you have developed pus inside your leg that means your leg is severely infected. In my opinion, you need surgical intervention in the form of incision and drainage of the wound. So, I suggest you consult a surgeon as early as possible so as to avoid the spread of infection throughout the body, otherwise, the infection will spread through blood and can cause septicemia which is dangerous. You also need intravenous antibiotics. Please check your blood sugar so as to make sure that you do not have diabetes.

|