Q. What complications can occur if I continued to have high blood sugar levels?

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Blood Sugar Level or Diabetic Ketoacidosis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am male, 73 years old, height 179 cm, and weight 120 kg. Has diabetes type 2, high blood pressure, gout, slight renal failure, had a heart attack almost 10 years ago and underwent a procedure of having two stents in his heart. Cholesterol. Takes medication for his illnesses. His blood sugar levels are usually between 20 to 30 mmol takes Lantus Solostar 62 units and NovoRapid 60 units 2 to 3 times a day. What kind of complications can my dad get in the future if he continues to have high blood sugar levels?