Q. What is the reason for two swollen inguinal lymph nodes in my right thigh for the past two months?

Dr. Pratik Patil

I have had two swollen inguinal lymph nodes in my right thigh for the past two months. I had an ultrasound done, and one measured 1.2 x 0.7 x 1.0 cm, heterogeneous, mildly hyperechoic, the other 1.3 x 0.6 heterogeneous, hyperechoic, small solid nodular structures appearing to reflect lymph nodes. There is no visualized dominant mass, cyst, or abnormal fluid collection seen on the images. There was no referral for pathology either. I had two CBC and metabolic panels, and they are in a normal range. I take Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide for blood pressure, Montelukast and Allegra for allergy, Zoloft for GAD or anxiety disorder, and Ventolin inhaler as needed. I am scared. Kindly help.

#

The inguinal nodes up to 2 cm are not significant. They could be because of infection in the genitals or leg areas. I would suggest a course of antibiotics tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Potassium clavulanate) 625 mg thrice daily for seven days and observe. If it decreases in size, then there is nothing to worry about. Even if they do not start increasing in size, get a lymph node excision biopsy done.

Thank you for your reply. I have had no symptoms of weight loss, loss of appetite, fatigue, night sweats, and no fever.

I have hidradenitis in my groin with some cysts. The dermatologist advised that it can also cause swelling of the nodes. They have not increased and have been there for years.

As far as Augmentin, how would I obtain that?

#

It is a tablet available over-the-counter, and it is available everywhere. You can also consult your dermatologist for a prescription or if he would want to advise something else.

|