Q. Please suggest me an antibiotic to get rid of cellulitis.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

I am suffering from cellulitis in the lower part of the leg from the last 15 days. I had consulted a doctor and he prescribed Clarithromycin 500 mg. The infection was greatly reduced. As soon as I stopped using antibiotic, it became red and pain started again over the part where it was previously infected. While I am using Clarithromycin tablets, my body used to get hot during the night and was unable to sleep. Please suggest me an antibiotic to completely get rid of cellulitis. As of now, I am using Aceclofenac and Razo D tablets.

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
#

• Please get your blood sugar checked and send a blood culture. If the organism shows resistance to certain drugs, then we need to change the antibiotics to cure cellulitis.
  • Also get an ultrasound of the abdomen to rule out inguinal lymphadenopathy.
  • Please send a picture of legs. If possible get venous Doppler of leg to rule out DVT (deep vein thrombosis).

Revert back with reports to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|