iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersPulmonology (Asthma Doctors)inhalerKindly suggest an alternative to steroids for my chronic asthma.

What is an alternative to a steroid inhaler as I am worried about its complications?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At July 4, 2022
Reviewed AtOctober 9, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a nursing student and have had asthma for ten years. But I get attacks only during the fall. The doctor I usually consult had prescribed me a bronchodilator (Salbutamol 100 mcg) and steroid combination inhalers (two drugs). But I fear the complications of steroids and stopped using the steroid inhaler and use only a bronchodilator during attacks. Until last year it worked for me, but I feel the drug is not working this year. And I had to use steroids too. Can you suggest to me an alternative for steroids? Any other powerful medication? Please help.

Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The best asthma treatment is inhaled Corticosteroid. It does not have any side effects. So, no need to worry about side effects. I suggest you get done pulmonary function test to identify the severity of asthma. Treatment is based on severity only. Newer bronchodilators are more useful. I will be happy to help you further. I wish you good health. Thanks.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

inhalerasthma

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy