Q. Can I use only Asthaline inhaler instead of Montair LC?

Dr. Suneel Mukati
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 06, 2019

I am a 53 year old male. I have breathing problem for the past eight to 10 years. I develop breathing difficulty during the humid or warm seasons like July to September, for which I take Montair LC once every two days at night-time. Sometimes, if I forget and I experience breathlessness, I use the Asthaline inhaler followed by Montair LC, and the condition improves. Oftentimes, when I have breathlessness, I try to poo, and if I can pass, my breathing gradually becomes alright within half an hour. Breathing gets better without an Asthaline inhaler. Recently, I learned that Montair LC has some side effects. Can I use Asthaline inhaler alone whenever required instead of Montair LC?

#

• Your history suggests that you have seasonal bronchial asthma. For confirmation, get the chest X-ray and spirometry done.
  • An Asthalin inhaler alone will not be helpful. I suggest you take Fluticasone, alone or in combination with Formoterol (Formoflo 250).
  • Also, Montair LC (Montelukast and Levocetirizine) does not have much side effects, only noted is the Churg-Strauss syndrome, which is not side effects of the drug itself, it just uncovers the underlying condition.

For further queries consult a pulmonologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|