Q. Using betnelan tablet for asthma. What are the side effects of it?

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Dear Doctor,

In the last 6 years, I am using Betnelan tablet for asthma. I want to know the side effects of it.

Age 28 years, m, height: 170cm, weight 44kg.

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Cardiology Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Neurology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. The side-effects of betnelan tablet are as follows:

• Loss of skin atrophy.
  • Local white patches of deeply pigmented skin.
  • Dryness.
  • Irritation.
  • Nasal bleed.
  • Ulceration or perforation of the nasal septum.
  • Smell and taste disturbances.
  • Hoarseness and fungal infection of the mouth or throat.

I strongly suggest that, you can use inhaled steroids, which have much lesser side effects.

Revert back to a pulmonologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

|