Inner Ear Fluid

Please suggest a way to get rid of inner ear fluid.

Query: Hi doctor, I was told by my primary care physician that I have some fluid in my inner ear. I have also had dizziness, nausea and feeling like the room is spinning. I also think that I have vertigo, but I am not sure. The episodes happen at night and sometimes during the day. My current medication in...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do your symptoms increase on changing position? Do you have fullness in the ear, ringing sensation in ear or reduced hearing? There can be two possible diagnoses in your case, but I need to know if you have any of the above symptoms. Either it can be benign paroxy...  Read Full »

What is the cause of fluid drainage in both ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem of fluid coming from both ears. What is the cause? There is no blood and foul smell and it is pale and clear. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how many days are you having this problem? Any hearing loss or cold or nose block?  Read Full »

Fluid in my left ear is not responding to Prednisone. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of ear problems (seven surgeries as of right now). I had tubes placed in both ears when I was younger and more recent before few years. After the tubes were removed, both ear drums were left with holes in them which have been closed with surgery. In the left ear, there w...  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the detailed history. I can understand that you have gone through a lot because of your repeated ear issues. Very clearly none of the conditions you have (either fluid in middle ear or hole in the eardrum) are painful conditions. Surgery for these conditio...  Read Full »

Why am I still receiving a ringing noise in ear after a cold episode?

Query: Hello doctor, I started having a cold almost three weeks ago which developed from sneezing into a bad cough and now has subsequently cleared up. I also had a blocked ear for almost three weeks but it is now much improved. However, I often hear a ringing noise from it. I saw the doctor a couple of d...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most likely there might be some fluid accumulation inside the said ear without showing any signs in an otoscopic examination which the ENT would have performed. Such minimal fluids can cause ringing sensation without any hearing loss. Do you have any fullness now? I...  Read Full »

Why do I feel my heart shivering?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 56 years old. I have a feeling of trembling at heart since a month. Sometimes, I feel this trembling even while sleeping and hence, the sleep gets disturbed. During daytime, I also get uneasiness and shivering for hours after an episode of heart trembling. My BP after this feeli...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, there is a high possibility of anxiety disorder in addition to endolymph (ear) fluid imbalance. The occurrence of trembling, difficulty falling back to sleep, sensitivity to sound, buzzing i...  Read Full »

I had a ear drum repair surgery four years ago. And now it is infected again. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I had myringoplasty done four years ago on my left ear. The surgeon, at the time, has advised me, the procedure will be done through the ear canal to repair the perforated eardrum. Three weeks after the surgery, I returned to my ENT specialist to get it checked, and upon inspection, he...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As your ear was healing well after the surgery, this indicates that there was no fault in the procedure. But unfortunately, you have again developed the foul-smelling discharge. The possibilities are: Otitis externa. Recurrence of otitis m...  Read Full »

Am I feeling giddy because of stress?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, and I have been having slight giddiness kind of feeling. I am not able to tell if it is giddiness since I did not fall or have any balance issues. This has been there for a week. I had the same symptoms two weeks back. It feels like some kind of pulling sensa...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be benign positional vertigo, which is more common. I guess you might experience giddiness when you suddenly turn your head. It is mostly because of imbalance in the middle ear fluid, usually following ear infection, which is responsible for maintaining our pos...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my ear infection and perforated eardrum?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to sev...  Read Full »