Q. I get pale clear fluid from both ears. Please help.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I have a problem of fluid coming from both ears. What is the cause? There is no blood and foul smell and it is pale and clear. Please help.

#

Since how many days are you having this problem? Any hearing loss or cold or nose block?

It is there for the last two to three days. No hearing loss or cold or nose block. I sometimes feel a little dizzy or sleepy.

#

I want to examine your ears first and give you some antibiotics, but since that is not possible with an online consultation and you have a purulent discharge I feel there will be definitely some kind of infection.

I want to take a course of antibiotics with oral decongestants and antihistamines. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for seven days after food, tablet Sudafed (Phenylephrine 60 mg) once daily for five days after food, tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine 10 mg) once daily for ten days in the evening before dinner, tablet Nexium (Esomeprazole 20 mg) in empty stomach in the morning once daily for ten days. Keep your ears dry.

In case you have any other systemic illness like cardiac issues, hypertension, etc., please let me know. In that case, I will have to change your medicines.

Review after six days before stopping Ciprofloxacin.

|