Q. I get pale clear fluid from both ears. Please help.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I have a problem of fluid coming from both ears. What is the cause? There is no blood and foul smell and it is pale and clear. Please help.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Since how many days are you having this problem? Any hearing loss or cold or nose block?

| 

It is there for the last two to three days. No hearing loss or cold or nose block. I sometimes feel a little dizzy or sleepy.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I want to examine your ears first and give you some antibiotics, but since that is not possible with an online consultation and you have a purulent discharge I feel there will be definitely some kind of infection.

I want to take a course of antibiotics with oral decongestants and antihistamines. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily for seven days after food, tablet Sudafed (Phenylephrine 60 mg) once daily for five days after food, tablet Zyrtec (Cetirizine 10 mg) once daily for ten days in the evening before dinner, tablet Nexium (Esomeprazole 20 mg) in empty stomach in the morning once daily for ten days. Keep your ears dry.

In case you have any other systemic illness like cardiac issues, hypertension, etc., please let me know. In that case, I will have to change your medicines.

Review after six days before stopping Ciprofloxacin.

| 

Are the leg and hip pain occurred due to fall or Ciprofloxacin taken for UTI?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a UTI that developed into a kidney infection. I also fell down a couple of stairs during this time. I went to the ER hospital (because my doctor is far away and kept being closed) and they prescribed Cipro. I was taking it and my body was soar from fever and falling (possibly). No...  Read Full »

Vertigo - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatments

Article Overview: Have you had the feeling of your surrounding spinning or moving around you? This feeling or symptom is called vertigo. Learn about its causes, treatment, and more. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

What Is Vertigo? The symptom that makes a person feels that he or she is moving when they actually are not moving or has a sense of spinning dizziness or lightheadedness, is called vertigo. It is a symptom of various health conditions, such as problems in the inner ear or brain or nervous system. V...  Read Article

Can I use Ciprofloxacin for pink eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having conjunctivitis (pink eye) for the last two days. Currently, I am using Ciprofloxacin eye drops. Is there any other medicine for fast relief?  Read Full »