Common "Insect Hypersensitivity Reaction" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Insect Hypersensitivity Reaction

The skin changes that result when insect stings or bites you is called insect hypersensitivity reaction. The common symptoms include pain, redness, swelling in the surrounding area, hives, flushing, itching, and in some cases, impaired breathing and shock (anaphylaxis) can occur. Epinephrine shot should be given immediately if anaphylaxis symptoms develop.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have been noticing an unknown bite resembling a cockroach bite at the same spot for three days. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, An unknown bite, but like a cockroach bite, has been present at the same spot for three days. Do you know if it is possible for a cockroach to bite a person at the same spot it has bitten?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. That is a very interesting question. No, it is highly unlikely for a cockroach to bite a person at the same spot it has previously bitten. Cockroaches are not known for targeting specific individuals or remembering specific locations on a per...  Read Full »

I have noticed two itchy bumps on my stomach that appeared shortly after a hiking trip. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing a skin issue for about two weeks. I have developed two itchy bumps on my stomach, which initially appeared shortly after a hiking trip. Given their location and proximity (about 2 centimeters apart), I initially suspected insect bites, but I am unsure now. Af...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern regarding the skin issue. It appears to be a hypersensitivity reaction to insect bites with a possible secondary bacterial infection. I suggest you do the following: Apply Fucibet (Fuscidic acid cream with Betamethasone) or FM derma (...  Read Full »

Is the painful mark on my back a cancerous mole or an insect bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a slightly painful mark on my back. I have sent the picture. Is it a cancerous mole or an insect bite?  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, it is not a cancerous mole at all. Yes, it could be an insect bite reaction or folliculitis. Please mix Hydrocortisone cream and Fusidic acid cream and apply twice daily on th...  Read Full »

Can insect bite and sweat allergy cause itching and red spots on the skin?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother-in-law, 67 years old, had severe itching and irritation last week. Suddenly itching started in the middle of the night, probably due to some insect bite she feels. Then the next day, the itching became severe, and these red spots developed. We consulted a general doctor who pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Priya B. T

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please send me some more pictures with long and closeup shots. To know which part of the body is affected, and where all other lesions are there. Does she have diabetes? Is she taking any medication?   Read Full »

What caused my face to swell?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Based on your health concern and the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears to be an insect bite. To prevent aggravating the condition, avoid scratching the affected area. You can consider taking an antihistamine drug like Levocetirizine...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.