Q. What has caused this swelling on my face, insect bite or allergy?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

I have some skin issue on my face. It looks as if some insect has bitten on it and a bit swollen. Is that due to some allergy?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like some insect bite only.
  • Avoid scratching that area if you develop itch. You can take some antihistamine drug like tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice daily for five days.
  • If you have pain, then take tablet Acenac-P (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Avoid touching that area frequently and do not apply anything over it.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|