Q. Though I am on Stalopam, I am not getting sleep. What to do?

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
Published on Jan 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I am suffering from insomnia. I have been taking Stalopam for six months, but I am unable to sleep in the night. I had Feliz S Plus before two years, and it worked for me. But, I was advised by my doctor to stop it. What to do now?

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I understand your concern.

• Escitalopram may not help you to sleep since it does not have much sedative property.
  • Feliz plus has Clonazepam in it, which will aid in sleep, but is not recommended long term.
  • Since you have not mentioned any other symptoms regarding the prescription of Stalopam, I am assuming that you do not have any other symptoms except sleep disturbance.
  • For a beginning, start practising sleep hygiene, do a bit of exercise in the evening and avoid drinking coffee after 5 PM.
  • If you are still unable to get sleep, then I suggest you tablet Ramelteon 8 mg known by brand name Rametax, which is very physiological and devoid of side effects. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • But, I will advise you to try the non-medical approach. If you have symptoms of anxiety or depression, then it is better to continue Stalopam.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft for a number of years. On 14th, my doctor added another 50 mg which I take at bedtime. For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time. In addition, I have begun taking 25 mg of Se...  Read Full »

Do I need a drug other than Clonazepam to control non-stop panic attacks?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been on Klonopin that is Clonazepam prescribed before 14 years for panic attacks and anxiety. I am currently on the 2 mg dosage and taking it four times a day. This is monitored every few months by my family doctor. For the past one week, I have noticed that I have been experienc...  Read Full »