Q. Though I am on Stalopam, I am not getting sleep. What to do?

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I am suffering from insomnia. I have been taking Stalopam for six months, but I am unable to sleep in the night. I had Feliz S Plus before two years, and it worked for me. But, I was advised by my doctor to stop it. What to do now?

#

I understand your concern.

• Escitalopram may not help you to sleep since it does not have much sedative property.
  • Feliz plus has Clonazepam in it, which will aid in sleep, but is not recommended long term.
  • Since you have not mentioned any other symptoms regarding the prescription of Stalopam, I am assuming that you do not have any other symptoms except sleep disturbance.
  • For a beginning, start practising sleep hygiene, do a bit of exercise in the evening and avoid drinking coffee after 5 PM.
  • If you are still unable to get sleep, then I suggest you tablet Ramelteon 8 mg known by brand name Rametax, which is very physiological and devoid of side effects. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medicine with consent.
  • But, I will advise you to try the non-medical approach. If you have symptoms of anxiety or depression, then it is better to continue Stalopam.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|