Intensive Brushing Habit

Why does the back of my tooth feel rough?

Query: Hello doctor, About three weeks ago I noticed the backs of only one of my teeth was rough. It has not gotten worse but it has not gotten any less rough after I brush it. On my third tooth forward from my 13 years old molars.   Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The roughness of back teeth should not be a problem. It could be a reason of aggressive tooth brushing or using any aggressive toothpaste or any trauma. If the same tooth becomes sensitive to cold or hot or sweet food then it should be concerned. If you quickly rub thro...  Read Full »

Can crowding cause severe gum recession?

Query: Hi doctor, This afternoon I noticed some pretty severe gum recession on my left lower cuspid (approximately 5 mm). As far as I can tell, it is the only tooth with any signs of gum recession, and I think it might be due to crowding (my lateral incisor and first bicuspid are slightly behind and might...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is okay. You do not need to rush to the dentist. The clinical scenario of teeth that you told indicates that most probably this gum recession is caused by yourself. You brush like giving a slight high power stroke on right and left bicuspids and then with normal forc...  Read Full »

Have my gums receded because of placing smokeless tobacco in the same spot for years?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old male. I have used a smokeless tobacco called Swedish Snus for going on four years now, always in the same spot. My gums have severely receded in this area. I am otherwise healthy. I recently made an appointment with a periodontist but I am terrified I may have gum can...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have to change your brushing technique as soon as possible. Brush in an up and down motion without putting too much pressure on the teeth and gums. The recession is definite...  Read Full »

My 2 year old daughter has some problem in her front teeth. Please give your suggestion.

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby girl has some problem in her four teeth. Both the upper and lower front teeth is paining now. Please give your suggestion. What can we do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Paras Angrish

Dentist, Pedodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 2 year old may get a problem in the upper teeth because of cavities, which we say as nursing bottle caries or early childhood caries. Please tell if there is associated swelling or pus discharge? And if possible, please post a picture of the teeth. If the issue is pa...  Read Full »

My son is screaming when we step into dentist's office. How to fix this?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 year old son is with really bad teeth. He is not even letting the doctors near to him. I have to tussle even to brush his teeth. I really need to get this fixed. He has a couple of cavities, decayed tooth and he has broken one when he fell down, being his tooth was probably weak. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two things you could do. The first option is ask your dentist to give him a mild inhalation anesthesia, which will calm him down and then, he could do all his necessary treatments in one go, but you have to take him in forcefully. The second option is you co...  Read Full »

What is the reason for discoloration of teeth in a 15 months old?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. Her food includes apple, rice, green gram, vegetables along with breast milk. But, I am not adding sugar or salt. I am giving her Ostocalcium, vitamin D and multivitamins as suggested by her pediatrician. She has got ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The white discoloration (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is the demineralization of enamel on the surface of teeth. It occurs due to prolonged sticking of food items, especially mother's milk after feeding. It is very simple to prevent the formation of cav...  Read Full »