Q. I have severe gum recession in a single tooth. Why?

Answered by Dr. Tooba Qazi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Receding Gums or Intensive Brushing Habit? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This afternoon I noticed some pretty severe gum recession on my left lower cuspid (approximately 5 mm). As far as I can tell, it is the only tooth with any signs of gum recession, and I think it might be due to crowding (my lateral incisor and first bicuspid are slightly behind and might well be pushing forward) because of that. Is this an urgent issue for a dentist or can it wait, and if so, is there anything I can do to help the issue?