Q. What are the methods to control myself from using internet?

Dr. Vandana Patidar
Published on Oct 05, 2018

I cannot control my mind from using internet. Please share with me if any solutions are available.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

I understand your problem. Social media kind of increase dopamine levels in the brain. Hence, they could be addictive just like cigarettes. Hence, hard to control. What you need to do is you have to make your schedule tight. Define a short-term goal, focus on achieving it. Reward yourself when you complete the task. This would definitely help you.

How to overcome sexual attraction towards my mother?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 years old male. I feel sexually attracted to my own mother. I had some mild feelings since childhood, but it became strong since teenage. I started feeling to be loved by mom as her son and sexually too. I sometimes feel guilty about it. But, I could not control myself. I saw my...  Read Full »

My sleep gets disturbed by dreams and breathlessness. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have used Sizodon LS in the morning and night for a month under doctor's prescription. After that for the last four months, I am getting disturbed sleep by breathlessness and dreams. It is tough for me to get a sound sleep. My ECG and MRI scan are normal. Please advise me to get healt...  Read Full »

Is there any correlation between porn addiction and intense anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I have depression, illness, and taking treatments for about 16 years. Now, taking Veniz XR 37.5, Thyronorm 50 mcg, both in the morning and Veniz XR 37.5, 75 both are evening. Feeling fatigue and anorexia. I do not like doing work, feel restlessness, and intensely an...  Read Full »