Q. Does porn addiction and intense anxiety have any correlation?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

I am 36 years old. I have depression, illness, and taking treatments for about 16 years. Now, taking Veniz XR 37.5, Thyronorm 50 mcg, both in the morning and Veniz XR 37.5, 75 both are evening. Feeling fatigue and anorexia. I do not like doing work, feel restlessness, and intensely angry. These symptoms are feeling compulsive looking in the smartphone, porn sites, and porn stars detail, and masturbate two to three times daily. Now, while looking on erotic porn stars videos, heartbeat and anxiety are high. Is it porn addiction? And what are the symptoms of porn addiction? Porn addiction and intense anxiety have any relation? Please answer me.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

When we are in anxiety and depression, our mind is stressed, it needs something which could increase secretion of a chemical called dopamine in our brain. This chemical uplift the mood. Doing masturbation or any kind of sexual activity increases this chemical in the brain. It is the same as people start drinking alcohol more or smoking more in anxiety and depression and subsequently develop substance use disorder. I would advise you to consult psychiatrist so that your medications can be adjusted. Once you are better you would automatically decrease all these increased sexual behavior.

Thyroid stimulating hormone.

Medicines need to be adjusted.

Sleep well, eat a healthy diet, follow a routine.

|