Q. Please suggest a medicine for fungal infection of the toe.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

There is a fungal infection between my toes. My doctor advised me to apply a Bifonazole cream. But, it is not showing any result. My wife having the same problem last month, applied Salactin paint and it got cured in just four days. So, can I apply the same cream too?

#

• You seem to have digital intertrigo.
  • Continue the application of antifungal cream which you have.
  • Also, Salactin paint (a combination of Salicylic acid and Lactic acid) can be applied at bedtime.
  • Still, if there is no response, then visit a dermatologist so that paring can be done. This will be considered only if there is no response to topical treatment.
  • Avoid wearing shoes.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|