Intervertebral Disc Compression

Why is the left side of my foot numb?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. Four days ago, I started feeling numb on the side of my left foot. The feel continues and the entire portion of the left foot is numb now. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that it can be very troublesome and scary to have complete numbness in a specific area of the body. From what you have mentioned, it sounds like you do not remember any incident that brought this on. I assume this is something you noticed one day after wak...  Read Full »

Does the MRI show the cause of my lower back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have lower back pain and right buttock pain. I have consulted a doctor for this, but I am not satisfied with the explanations. I have undergone MRI as per advice and here is the result. Posterior disc bulge with annular tear, moderate to severe stenosis of both neural foramina and mil...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you have pain in lower back region with radiation of pain to right buttock region. Along with this, you have also mentioned about your MRI reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity) which show degenerative disc disease at multip...  Read Full »

Is my back pain, a nerve problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my right side lower back only if I bend or try to wear my trouser. Also, it is there if I am standing and trying to raise my leg. Even while walking I feel little pain. If I lie in bed or stand straight, then there is no pain. What is the reason and what medicine ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three possibilities for your pain. It could be one out of these three conditions or a combination of them. Intervertebral disc prolapse. Lumbar canal stenosis. Para vertebral muscle spasm or lower back strain or lumbago (low back pain). If the pain in the low...  Read Full »

Can balancing issue occur due to vestibular lesion or cervical myelopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My weight is 96 kg and height is 184 cm. I have severe sleep apnea and minor CAD with hypertension. I am facing problems of imbalance and lightheadedness. This started some six months back. Then, I was diagnosed with an uncompensated vestibular lesion. After a wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you gave me, it looks like your imbalance is due to a condition called cervical myelopathy. The examination findings of your spine specialist also correlate with your diagnosis. This happens when there is undue pressure or compression of the spinal...  Read Full »

Do I need surgery for compressed nerve and back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I suffered a back injury at work before nine months while lifting an order of 20 batteries weighing 20 kg each. When I lifted the last battery of the order, I felt a sharp pain in my lower back, and my left leg that made me collapse and I was rushed to the hospital. I have seen a number...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would suggest you undergo endoscopic or microsurgical discectomy surgery for your back pain as soon as possible without further delay. You can also consider disc replacement as an option. Regarding your symptoms, I would like to tell you that we human beings ha...  Read Full »

How can I rule out ALS?

Query: Hi doctor, About five weeks ago, I started feeling some weakness in my left leg. I have consulted my family doctor and a neurologist. All physical tests showed no actual weakness. There were no other clinical signs and the reflexes were also normal. There is no activity or movement that I cannot do....  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The various symptoms you have described are due to L5-S1 moderate broad left paracentral disc protrusion mildly distorted the anterior aspect of the thecal sac and abutting without displacing the traversing nerve roots. When a disc prolapses and compresses the spinal c...  Read Full »

Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney s...  Read Full »

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns The severe back pain that you have mentioned, suggests some spine related conditions probably IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse), which might be aggravated by your posture and strain. You can try the ...  Read Full »

I have a constant pain in the lower back and kidney area. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. I am very athletic. I am a person with diabetes and was diagnosed at the age of 6.5 years old. I am 5'9" and 165 pounds. My primary concern is that lately as in the last month, or so there has been a constant pain in my lower back and the kidney area. The pain is not sh...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most of the times the dull pain is benign and not a matter of worry. You also had a test to rule out any serious issues. I guess you do not have a fever, burning urination, etc. The next possibility is of spondylosis of lumbar spine or a disc problem. It is a spine probl...  Read Full »

From the scan report, please explain the cause of my low back pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I do not remember any spine trauma. I do have morning stiffness of greater than one hour with will become better with movement. I have this issue for the past seven years. My HLA-B27 is positive. Am I suffering from inflammatory spondyloarthropathy or ankylosing spondylitis? I have attac...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The SI joints show minimal linear hyperintensity on STIR (short TI inversion recovery) sequence (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is mild edema and not the usual findings which are seen in inflammatory spondyloarthropathy. Probably, it is in the early s...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for disc compression.

Query: Hello doctor, I got disc compression problem and nerve drags from thigh to feet in the night-time. Sometimes, it gets twisted in feet and it pains a lot. There is no balance in legs to walk. Please suggest some remedy and help me  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did not mention from how long have you been suffering from this problem and have you already taking any medicine or not. You did not say that if you got this issue all of a sudden or is it any accidental injury or any other reason like are you overweight. Have you ...  Read Full »