Q. Please suggest some painkiller for my back pain.

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

I am a 25 year old female, who is suffering from severe back pain. I am a teacher and have a 7 months old child. When I am at work, I have back pains at the end of the backbone, on the right side over the kidney. I got an ultrasound and an x-ray of the back. And I do not have any kidney stones, but they said that my pain is because of my job. The pain is aggravated when I sit or stand for a long time. The doctor gave me some medicines, which helped to relieve the pain. But, I lost the prescription, and I do not remember the name of the medicines. I stay far from the hospital, so it is not possible for me to get a new prescription. Please help me and advise some medicines to get rid of my pain. Please suggest a painkiller.

#

I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns

• The severe back pain that you have mentioned, suggests some spine related conditions probably IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse), which might be aggravated by your posture and strain. You can try the following as an initial management.
  1. I suggest taking simple analgesics like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.
  2. Apply warm compresses to the affected areas.
  3. Strict bed rest for five days.
  4. If the pain is severe, you might require Diclofenac injection.
  • If the symptoms persist despite all these, a detailed evaluation is necessary. I suggest you consult a physiatrist, a doctor specialized in physical medicine and rehabilitation, for expert advice. An MRI scan is mandatory to come to a diagnosis.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|