Intranasal Steroid Spray

What causes orange tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a funny smell in my nose for the past several weeks. Additionally, I have a yellow and orange coating on my tongue. I have gone to my ENT last week not in regards to the smell but just as a follow up. All seemed to be clear except for some swelling. Since then the smell...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you mean to say you have funny smell? You have decreased smell or increased smell or altogether a different smell? Decreased or increased smell is due to diseases of nose and anterior skull base, but different smell is usually psychological. You had sinus issues, but w...  Read Full »

Can I take Levocet M for itchy throat?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a problem of nose block and my ENT surgeon suggested me to go for a nose operation. As per doctor instruction, operation of my nose was carried out before three months. Now my nose is almost fine, but still I feel that something is there in my throat. I also feel itchy throat and e...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms seem to suggest that you are suffering from allergy. Levocet M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) is given for the same purpose. It is true that the medicine should be taken for a few months regularly. It has minimal side effects, like dryness of mouth, ...  Read Full »

Am I experiencing breathlessness due to a deviated nasal septum?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I have been experiencing breathlessness. It happens mostly when I am idle or lying down. I feel no discomfort while running. But, I feel like I am short of breathe when I sit idle. I am a 23 year old male. I am reasonably fit. I do not smoke, although I drink occasionally and mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, you experience breathlessness while being idle and not during exercise suggests an airway problem. Supportive to this, you also suffer from a deviated nasal septum, which may cause nasal obstruction and that may sometimes cause breathlessness. Pat...  Read Full »

What is nasal septal deviation with spur formation?

Query: Hi doctor, Over six months I have had what was thought to be an epidermoid cyst at the end of the right side of my nose. I have taken antibiotics on a regular basis as there is redness, swelling and tenderness in the area when inflamed. Approximately 2 weeks ago this cyst on my nose became very inf...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It means there is obstruction to your sinus drainage because of a deviated nasal septum with spur and concha bullosa, leading to recurrent sinusitis. Due to retained secretions in the paranasal sinuses there is infection and headache. Nasal septum deviation to the r...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for DNS?

Query: Hi doctor, I have allergic rhinitis problem for the last two years. I have taken ayurveda and homeopathic treatment. It has improved, but not completely. I have DNS. Do I need surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. DNS (deviated nasal septum) and allergies are two different things. Only if you have symptoms of nose block and headache, then surgery for DNS will be helpful. For allergic rhinitis, you should start nasal spray having decongestant and steroid combination, and that will h...  Read Full »

What are the ways to prevent aerosinusitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem-related flight landing. I have experienced a sudden and sharp pain in the eyebrows in 3 out of 10 flights. It is very painful. I have noticed it happens when I have a cold and cough. I searched on the internet and got to know aerosinusitis or barosinusitis. How to prev...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Aerosinusitis or barosinusitis (mucus membrane inflammation due to pressure difference within the sinus) is usually if there is mucosal hypertrophy in the paranasal sinuses. You should get a CT scan paranasal sinuses done and send me the pictures. Secondly, next time befo...  Read Full »

What should be done for fluttering sound in the ear

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a polyp in my sinus and have been suffering from frequent cold for a long time. Now, I am facing a fluttering sound in my ear. What should be done?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, polyp in sinus needs to be removed. If ethmoidal polyp, then it can be treated with steroid spray. Ear problem can or cannot be due to a polyp. You need to tell your complaint in detail. Sometimes, polyp can block the eustachian tube and ears and it can ca...  Read Full »

Can continuous use of nasal spray cause sinus odor?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been dealing with a sinus odor problem for years. I am a fair online researcher and I have been shocked by how unique my problem seems to be. The odor varies in strength and seems to disappear and return over time. I have seen numerous ENT specialists over the years and with the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You may have atrophic rhinitis due to long use of intranasal sprays. Do you have any hard crest inside your nose? What about your smell sensation? Please send me your CT scan. For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

Can I continue taking Fluticasone Nasal Spray for sputum in my throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have sputum always in my throat. I have this problem for the past six months. For the first two months, the sputum was in the larynx, and it was very less, but later on, the sputum began to go back to the throat. I recently consulted an ENT doctor and underwent a CT scan and a ch...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you continue the steroid nasal spray. It can be taken for long durations. Recovery time cannot be conclusively told. We need to have a look at the CT (computed tomography) film report. If the recovery is taking long, we need to do a nasal endosc...  Read Full »

Is my nasal allergy pointing to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have nasal allergies which can trigger sneezing and a runny nose along with sneezing when I come in contact with dust. However, I constantly have thick post nasal drip mucus that covers my vocal chords and makes my voice very weak all the time. My nose has not felt 100 % open in yea...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms point towards chronic rhinosinusitis superimposed or worsened by allergy. All symptoms can be explained by this. Singers are more troubled by this condition because they require clear sinonasal cavities for good voice and resonance. I suggest you get some ...  Read Full »