Q. I felt a lump while checking for the string of IUD. what should I do know?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have an intrauterine device. I was checking for the strings, and I felt a lump. Not sure if it is normal or not. I got my period today. I had my last period over three months.

#

It is better to have one local examination by Gynecology specialist but better after periods. If vaginal irritation continues, then it is better to have a high vaginal swab, lump examination (may need biopsy or swab), cx (cervical smear)smear; You may have vaginal or pelvic or sexually transmitted infection along with cyst or abscess or infective lesion. Have complete treatment for any health issue you have.

Have a balanced diet, weight, and BMI. have a daily walk, exercise, and yoga. Have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs. Follow strict hygiene. Use condoms to avoid sexually transmitted infection. Do sitz warm baths to prevent irritation and olive oil massage.

After high vaginal swab, if pain, irritation or smelly or colored discharge persists then, you need proper antibiotics. If lump also continues, then there is a need to evaluate for appropriate management (marsupialization or drainage).

Abcess or cyst and infection.

HVS, local examination, biopsy, and a swab from vaginal and lump.

May need antibiotics after HVS if symptoms persist, may need to remove abscess.

As above.

As per need.

|