Q. What is the reason for painful vaginal swab test?

What does it mean if a swab test (just the Q tip inserted into the vagina) is very painful? More details about the presenting complaint: I have been bleeding nonstop for months, even while on Progesterone. And have heavy discharge with a bad smell. I went to the doctor to test for infection. Current medications include Progesterone and the past medications of the same issue include birth controls.

#

You are likely to have mixed vaginosis infection both bacterial and fungal which can easily cause cervicitis and is the likely reason you are bleeding since then. More so the infection causes vaginal walls to inflame and hence the pain on insertion. You shall require a course or oral antibiotics along with antifungal vaginal pessaries for complete treatment. Please discuss with your gynecologist and take an informed decision.

|