Q. Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding?

Image: Is I-pill safe while breastfeeding?

Dr. Meeta Airen
MBBS ., DNB (OBS & GYN
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

• Yes, if you want to use it as an emergency contraceptive, then it is safe during breastfeeding.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

After taking ECP, I am bleeding. Am I pregnant?
Query: Hi doctor, I had my periods on the 15th of last month, and I had sex on 25th. I took emergency contraceptive pills on the 26th. I am bleeding today. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »
Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, you are not pregnant. You had your emergency contraceptive pills on the 26th, so this bleeding must be withdrawal bleeding due to that drug. But if bleeding does not settle, get one ultrasound scan done and rest assured.  Read Full »

I took emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex. Am I safe?
Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex...  Read Full »
Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Plan B is an emergency contraceptive to be taken in case of male ejaculation inside vagina. If you have already taken the medicine, nothing much can be done right now. I hope you have attained menarche, so then you should get your periods in the next two weeks. The next...  Read Full »

Can mild back pain be due to cyst in kidney?
Why am I having low sex drive with erectile dysfunction?
What Are Varicose Veins?